Meat eaters love their meatball dinners but what about vegetarians?
Well there are options for those who choose not to eat meat as this veggieball dinner shows. Works with meat eaters as well so no need to cook up multiple meals.
What I refer to as veggieballs are quite commonly available in supermarkets. Often found in the frozen section so take a browse there to find them.
- 10 vegetarian meat free balls
- 550g can New Potatoes
- handful frozen Carrots
- handful frozen Peas
- a few pieces of frozen Cauliflower
- Onion Gravy or Curry Sauce
- Fill a steamer with enough water to cook for 30-40 minutes.
- Put the veggieballs into the first steamer layer and set over the water. If you are planning on serving with curry sauce then pour that into a suitable container, loosely cover and add to this layer too.
- Put the carrots, peas and cauliflower into the second steamer basket then st it on top of the first.
- If your appetite will stretch to the full can of potatoes then drain and put in the top basket. The cans are quite big though so you may just want to spoon out the amount that you will eat.
- Cover the steamer and turn on to cook for 30 minutes.
- Prepare the gravy if not using the curry sauce. The exact time to do this will vary according to how it will be prepared. I tend to use a gravy granule mix that just needs boiling water then a few minutes to thicken. That means I make it about 5 minutes before everything else is ready.
- Once everything in the steamer is cooked then carefully remove each basket and divide onto two serving plates.
- Pour on the gravy or curry sauce then serve and enjoy.
Veggieball Dinner with Curry Sauce
The main vegetable for this is the potato although I do think that cauliflower is a good way to make a more substantial meal. Use your choice of gravy or sauce to serve and vary the taste. Try tomato or peanut for a definite change.