Tomato Sauce is one of the easiest sauces to make and enjoy. Perfect for using the extra tomatoes from your garden. When it is fresh, nothing can compare to it.
- 1 Tablespoon onion, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 cups tomatoes
- 4 Tablespoons all purpose/plain flour
- 4 Tablespoons butter or oil
- pepper to taste
- salt to taste
- Simmer the onion and parsley in the tomatoes for about 20 minutes. At this point you can either strain the mixture or simply keep the onions and parsley in there for texture.
- Melt the butter then blend thoroughly with the flour. Add the tomato mixture and heat slowly.
- Stir constantly until thickened… boil until the flour is cooked.