This Tomato and Mushroom Omelette is quick and easy to prepare and creates a filling lunch. Paprika adds a slight touch of spiciness though can be left out if preferred.
It will serve either one or two depending on appetite.
Just be sure to get straight from the fry pan to plate and eat straightaway. Omelettes go cold very quickly.
- Break the eggs into a cup then add paprika, salt and pepper. Beat with a fork until they are a smooth yellow. Well a reddish yellow because of the paprika.
- Set a fry pan over a medium heat and spoon in the butter/spread.
- While that is melting then peel and chop the onions. You can do a coarse or a fine chop according to your taste.
- Peel and chop the onion then add in to the bowl.
- Once the butter is fully melted then add the chopped onions into the pan and mix well to coat.
- Slice the mushrooms then add to the pan. Mix around well so that they get well coated too.
- Slice the tomato and add that to the mixture. Be sure to separate the slices so they are flat in the pan.
- Continue to fry for 2-3 minutes so that they are all semi-cooked.
- Pour in the egg mixture and swirl so that it evenly coats the pan.
- Keep bringing the edges of the omelette in and tipping to pour the liquid from the centre out to the edges. Do this until there is no liquid egg left in the centre.
- Continue to fry until the egg is fully set.
- Eat immediately and enjoy