I could have called this one Baked Beans on Toast
because that is essentially what it is. Generally I like to do things a little differently though. That led to the creation of this Toasty Egg n Baked Beans
It is different from the traditional Baked Beans on Toast by using pitta rather than regular bread but it serves up as an equally tasty meal. The addition of the egg makes it something more filling too.
- Serves 2-3
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
400g/14oz can Baked Beans
2 or 3 pre-cooked hard-boiled Eggs
2 or 3 Pitta Bread
- Toast the pitta so they are slightly crispy. You can put them under the grill/broiler or use the toaster to do this.
- Shell the eggs then slice.
- Open the can of baked beans then empty into either a pan or a bowl that can go in the microwave.Heat until piping hot. Takes about 3 minutes in a microwave depending on the power. Stir often if cooking in a pan as the beans will stick to it as they heat.
- Split the pitta bread lengthwise and put onto plates.
- Put the sliced egg around the edges then spoon the hot beans into the middle.
- Grab a knife and fork, sprinkle on a little salt and pepper then enjoy the food.
This will serve three average appetites. Some are hungrier though so the quantities given will only be enough for two. If it is only for two then use the lower quantity for both the pitta and the egg.