Trying to think of what to have for lunch one day when the idea of fish fillet in a pitta sprang to mind. A bit more thinking led to this idea for a Sweet n Sour Fish Burger.
Nothing much to it really because it is just a white fish fillet, some sweet n sour sauce and a pitta bread. It does end up tasting really great though and is well worth trying.
It takes less than 5 minutes to prepare too so is great for a quick lunch. The time when the hunger pangs have set in but the motivation is lacking for anything more complex.
Try it because it is very tasty.
- 1 white Fish Fillet (about 100g/4oz)
- 2-3 Tbsp Sweet n Sour Sauce from a jar
- 1 Pitta Bread
- Put the fish onto a microwaveable plate.
- Spoon the sweet n sour sauce over.
- Cook in the microwave for 3 minutes. Assumes 900W so adjust to suit your model.
- Heat the pitta either under the grill or in the toaster. It should be soft and puff open but not crispy. Let cool for a moment.
- Take the fish and sweet n sour from the microwave. Check they are fully cooked.
- Split open the pitta to form a pocket.
- Use a spatula to lift the fish into the pitta.
- Scrape the sweet n sour sauce over it.
- Proceed to eat and enjoy your Sweet n Sour Fish Burger.
This is a delicious meal to eat but it can be a little messy. Be sure to serve on a plate and have tissues to hand to clean fingers after eating.