One good size baking potato can easily for the basis of a meal. This Sweet n Sour Chicken Jacket was no exception to that rule. Take some chicken roll, mushroom and sweet n sour sauce then us that to stuff a potato. It makes for a great meal.
Serving some mixed salad on the side might have rounded the meal off a little more. It was delicious as cooked though and definitely one to make again.
- 1 large baking potato
- 2 slices chicken roll
- 1 large white mushroom
- Sweet n Sour Sauce
- Put a lengthwise cut into the potato about ½cm deep.
- Put into the microwave and cook on full power for about 6 minutes.
- Slice the mushrooms and put into a microwaveable bowl.
- Chop the chicken and add to the mushrooms.
- Pour some sweet n sour sauce over then cover ready for heating.
- Once the microwave pings then check the potato. Exact cooking varies so poke a skewer or knife in to check. If soft then set to one side. Still a little too firm then back into the microwave. Otherwise, set the potato to one side while heating the filling.
- Put the chicken, mushroom and sweet n sour into the microwave. Add the potato too if it still needs a little more cooking.
- 2 minutes should be enough but do always check that everything is piping hot.
- Split the potato down the middle then pour in the chicken, mushroom and sweet n sour mix.
- Add a little salt and pepper then just eat and enjoy.
Choose the potato according to the appetite. I know what size works best for me but some may want something larger. Be aware that longer cooking will be needed for a larger potato though.