- 16 Sweet White seedless Grapes
- 200g/8oz Feta cheese
- 16 pickled silverskin or cocktail onions
- Cocktail Sticks
- Drain the Feta Cheese block then rinse with a little cold water.
- Cut the cheese into cubes so that there are at least 16. Feta can be a little crumbly at times so cut carefully. If there is Feta leftover after the 16 cubes are done then put in a bowl with water for later use and stick in the fridge.
- Spike each of the silverskin onions with a cocktail stick and push up to around the middle of the stick.
- Now push each of the cocktail sticks through a grape. Move up the stick so that there is plenty of space left to add the Feta.
- Push each of the loaded sticks into the centre of a cube of Feta then stand on a serving plate. There should be enough space at one end of the cocktail stick for it to be picked up with fingers.
- Serve as part of a buffet meal along with other nibbles.
Other fruits or types of cheese can be used for a different effect. For example, the version that I would eat in my childhood would be made with pineapple from a can and a mild cheddar cheese. Just experiment to find the combination that suits you best.