Crispy, crunchy, sweet and delicious! For melt-in-your-mouth goodness, these sugar cookies are the best!
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar/caster sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup whole milk
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour/plain flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of lemon extract
- pinch of grated nutmeg (optional)
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter with the sugar.
- Add the beaten eggs, milk, flour, baking powder, lemon extract and grated nutmeg.
- Mix until the dough is soft and holds together. Roll into a tube shape and sprinkle with sugar.
- Cut each cookie from the tube shape 1/4 inch thick. Put on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake in a 350°F/180°C/Gas Mark 4 oven ONLY until the edges are brown… about 10 – 12 minutes.