These sweet and colorful finger sandwiches are a favorite among kids and adults alike. Be sure to have plenty on hand, because they are sure to go fast!
- 1 loaf sliced white bread
- chocolate/hazelnut spread
- strawberry jam
- rainbow sprinkles or hundreds and thousands
- chocolate sprinkles or hundreds and thousands
- 1 – 8 oz. package cherry-flavored gelatin
- To begin this recipe, cut off the crusts from the bread from as many pieces as you choose to enjoy.
- Spread the chocolate/hazelnut spread over one side of the bread and put aside.
- Cover with another piece of bread to make a “sandwich”.
- Make another sandwich using the strawberry jam.
- Cut into quarters on the diagonal.
- In a bowl melt the butter and set aside. Put the sprinkles in 2 additional bowls.
- Dip the edges of the sandwiches in the butter then dip in the sprinkles to coat the edges. Set on a platter and cover with plastic wrap to keep the bread from drying out.
- For the gelatin eggs, follow the directions on the package to make “Jigglers”
- Pour into egg-shaped ice cube tray or candy mold and refrigerate. When set, remove from tray and decorate along side the sandwiches. Enjoy!