Then one day, I had this idea for Soy Sauce Marinaded Mushrooms and it worked. Pour some soy soy sauce over the mushrooms before they go into the oven to keep them moist but leave for an hour to let the sauce soak in. Results in some wonderfully coming out of the oven.
Adding slices of hard-boiled egg turns it into a delicious accompaniment to a meal, a starter or even a light lunch.
Serves 2 as an Accompaniment
- 125g/4oz White Mushrooms
- 2 hard-boiled Eggs
- 2-3 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- Lightly oil an ovenproof dish.
- Put the mushrooms, stalk side up, into the dish. Spoon in the soy sauce or just slosh in from the bottle. Stir so that the mushrooms get well-coated with soy sauce. Cover and leave to marinade for around an hour.
- Stir the mushroom mixture well then spoon any remaining soy sauce into the mushroom cup
- Bake in an oven at 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6 for 10-15 minutes.
- While the mushrooms cook, peel and slice the hard-boiled eggs. Arrange on a plate and try to avoid nibbling on them too much.
- Carefully take the mushrooms from the oven. Use a slotted spoon to add them to the plate with the eggs.
- Serve immediately.
I made this along with this Tomato and smoked cheese garlic bread and that made for a good lunch. Keeps the oven filled as well as the bread and mushrooms cna both cook in it.