Now since I do enjoy scrambled egg and am also partial to the occasional serving of chips (french fries for those who insist) then what better than to combine them in to a single dish? Perhaps the scrambled egg chips that I came up with is a slightly unusual dish. It worked well as a lunch and would be equally good as an accompaniment to a larger meal.
An easy lunch of eggs and chips flavoured with some added paprika
- 225g/½lb Chips (French Fries)
- 1 small Brown Onion
- 4 large Eggs
- ½ Tsp Paprika
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- Peel and chop the onion.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan.
- Add in the the chips and onions then stir well to coat.
- Sprinkle in the paprika and mix in.
- Continue to stir as the potato and onion stat to cook. Once the chips are beginning to brown and the onions are softening then it is time to add the eggs.
- Break each of the eggs into the fry pan being sure to break the yolk. Once all are in then mix around to get the egg well scrambled and mixed.
- Add some salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes so that the egg becomes set then serve
This version was made with frozen chips but it could equally well be be created with fresh potato.