What a wonderful way to enjoy salmon that is left over. Not only is the salmon tasty, but the potatoes turn this Salmon Fish Pie into a very filling meal. The creamy parsley sauce just adds to the flavours.
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup/250ml whole milk
- 2 cups/400g cooked salmon, flaked
- 1 cup/200g green peas, cooked
- 1 Tbsp onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup/250g mashed potatoes
- 1 Tbsp minced parsley
- Melt butter in the frying pan. Add the flour to the butter and stir constantly until the flour is browned.
- Add the salt and the milk to the flour while stirring. Continue to stir until creamy.
- Add the salmon flakes, peas, onion, green pepper and parsley. Heat thoroughly.
- Turn into a greased baking dish and top with the potatoes.
- Bake in a 350°F/180&def;C/Gas Mark 4 oven for 18-20 minutes.