Putting your tuna salad into a cut in half red pepper creates the perfect vessel for lunch or even a dinner. A delightful colorful way to eat tuna salad.
Chicken salad is also another variety of fillings that can be used. Be creative and the possibilities are endless. Use what you have in the refrigerator and you may just surprise yourself with how good your creations can taste.
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 can drained tuna
- mayonnaise to taste
- paprika for color
- sea salt (optional)
- ground black pepper (optional)
- Wash and trim the red bell pepper. Cut in half lengthwise. Remove the seeds and membrane. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, empty the drained tuna.
- Break up the tuna into flakes.
- Add the mayonnaise, salt and pepper.
- Mix well.
- Scoop out enough to fill one half of the red pepper, then fill the other half with the remaining amount of tuna salad.
- Sprinkle paprika on top and you are ready to eat!
- NOTE: If you accidentally put in too much mayonnaise, simply crush up a handful or two of saltine crackers and mix thoroughly into the tuna salad. The crackers will absorb the excess mayonnaise and the consistency will be perfect.
- AN ADDED BONUS: If the crackers are added, they actually take on the consistency of the tuna, adding to the volume. The addition of the crackers is virtually undetectable making it quite an economical and tasty meal.