Potato Wedges are readily available from the freezer in many stores but they are really easy to make and they will cook in the same amount of time that the frozen ones take. Add in some garlic cloves and rosemary as they roast for additional flavour. The exact flavouring can be varied to better complement the dish that they are accompanying.
- 450g/1lb potatoes around 3 inches in length
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Garlic Bulb, split into the individual cloves and peeled.
- Freshly chopped Rosemary to taste.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6. Lightly oil a roasting dish or tin and put in the oven so that it begins to heat.
- Cut the potatoes into wedges then rinse in water. Dry and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add in the whole, peeled garlic cloves
- Pour in sufficient oil to evenly coat the potatoes and garlic. A good olive oil works really well but the flavour can be varied by using a different kind such as sunflower or vegetable.
- Add the Rosemary, salt and pepper then mix well so that the potato becomes evenly coated.
- Take the hot roasting dish from the oven, being careful because it will be very hot.
- Put the potato into the hot roasting tin. Spread evenly then return the tin to the oven.
- After around 15 minutes remove the tin from the oven and stir to evenly coat everything with the oil again. Return to the oven for around another 15 minutes or longer if you prefer a crisper finish.
- Serve with your preferred dish.