I am more one for a mushy pea version but, on this occasion, the available food said that I could have Pork Pie, potato and beans. No choice then really because I would have starved if I had headed for the nearest open shop.
A lazy recipe because it uses food from cans. Good for getting a quick meal together though.
Find a good pie shop and then you will easily be able to come up with an improved version. There are still some around too.
- 1 pack of 4 Pork Pies
- 550g can New Potatoes
- 400g can Baked Beans
- Salt and Pepper to serve
- Open the can of potatoes then drain and rinse well with fresh water. Put into a microwaveable bowl the pour on water to cover. Then cover the bowl and heat on full power for about 4 minutes. The water should have come to the boil to fully heat. Leave covered in the bowl so that they retain the heat and set on one side.
- Empty the can of baked beans into a bowl. Cover then cook in the microwave for 3 minutes or until hot. Set on one side.
- Put the pork pies onto a plate then heat in the microwave for about 3 minutes.
- Take 4 serving plates and put 1 pork pie on each.
- Drain the potatoes then divide between each plate.
- Spoon ¼ of the baked beans onto each of the plates.
- Serve to the table with salt and pepper shakers to add the final touch
I could have been tempted to add either gravy or brown sauce onto this. Left it off on this occasion though as the sauce from the beans was sufficient.
- Pork Pies – 99p
- Potato -15p
- Baked Beans – 24p
- Salt and Pepper – negligible
Total cost for 4 – £1.38