The ping chef strikes with a recipe for Pork Pie, Chips and Baked Beans cooked in the microwave.
It can be done and it does make for a decent dinner that is both better and cheaper than getting one of those home deliveries that cost a fortune.
Takes less than 10 minutes to make too.
- 1 small pork pie
- ⅓ can baked beans (without added pork)
- handful of frozen oven chips/steak fries
- Put the chips into a microwavable bowl that will be large enough to hold the pork pie and beans too.
- Microwave for 2-3 minutes until they are beginning to cook.
- Use a fork to separate the chips which will have stuck together a little. Move them to one side of the bowl.
- Add the pork pie to the bowl then spoon in the beans alongside.
- Cover and return to the microwave. Cook for 2-3 minutes until everything is piping hot.
- Carefully uncover and serve with a sprinkling of salt to taste.
Heating baked beans in the microwave does tend to bake them onto the bowl. Soak with water for a while to soften before trying to clean.