This was originally just going to feature the pork with the addition of the leek for flavour. I had less pork left than I thought though but I did have mince. So dinner became a Pork, Mince and Leek Stew.
It is something that is very straightforward to make in a pressure cooker so dinner can be ready faster than a fast food place can deliver. Most likely to be a lot healthier too.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
- 125g/4oz frozen diced pork
- 125g/4oz Frozen mince
- Large leek
- Large tomato
- Large potato
- 125g/4oz mixed vegetables
- Chicken stock cube
- Put the pork into the pressure cooker pot then add in the mince.
- Trim the root from the leek the remove the tough outer layer. Slice until it starts to get green then add that to the pot.
- Coarsely chop the tomato then add that complete with any juices from it.
- Dice the potato into bite size chunks. Cut away any obvious blemishes but there is no need to peel. Add to the pot.
- Add the mixed vegetables and chicken stock cube plus salt and pepper.
- Pour in water to cover the ingredients. Stir well to mix everything together.
- Seal the pressure cooker then place over a high heat to get the contents boiling. Once they are (the weight starts to dance) then reduce the heat and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stand to one side with the pressure cooker still sealed for about 10 minutes. The stew will cook a little more, the temperature will reduce slightly and the pressure will reduce.
- Carefully open the pressure cooker then stir the stew to mix it well
- Serve the stew into serving bowls or onto plates.
- Eat and enjoy