A good pie depends upon the base… a good pie crust. This recipe will produce just that – a very good pie crust that is light and flaky.
Yield: 2 pie shells
- 2 cups all-purpose flour/plain flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup vegetable shortening/butter
- 6 Tablespoons iced water
- In a food processor bowl, put the flour, salt and shortening.
- Pulse until the mixture becomes very well blended.
- Add the iced water and pulse until the dough begins to form a ball.
- Remove the dough ball from the bowl and divide the dough into 2 parts.
- Roll out each dough ball to the size needed for the pie plate.
- Fold the rolled dough round in half and gently place into the pie plate.
- Unfold and form it to the pan.
- Flute the edges or you can flatten with a fork for a different design.
- Bake as directed for the pie.