Enjoy eating beautifully colored hard boiled eggs that are pickled. It’s easy and they taste delicious!
- 2 dozen hard boiled eggs
- 1 onion sliced and separated
- 1 can red beets (sliced, whole or even diced)
- 1⁄8 – 1⁄4 cup sugar to taste (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vinegar or more to taste
- Place the peeled hard boiled eggs into a large glass jar. Add the contents of the can of red beets (juice and all) to the hard boiled eggs. Continue adding the rest of the ingredients to the jar.
- Fill the rest of the jar with water. Cover and refrigerate. The red beet eggs will be ready to eat within 24 hours.
- Remember, the longer they stay, the darker the color and the more intense the flavor of the eggs become.
NOTE: If the eggs are still hot or even on the warm side when making them, they will absorb the color of the red beets even faster!