A dish that I enjoy yet the regular version can have a somewhat bland taste. A few tweaks make for a Pepper Potato Salad. Great addition to the flavour that adds little to the preparation time. I used red peppers for this one because they are my preference plus what I had to hand. You could use one of the others if they better suit your palate.
Make up extra potato the previous day then chill. It then only takes a few minutes to combine the ingredients into this Pepper Potato Salad.
- 450g/1lb Cooked Potatoes
- 1 Red Pepper
- 1 medium Brown Onion
- 1-2 Tbsp Mayonnaise or Salad Cream to coat the mixture.
- ground Sea Salt
- Ground Black Pepper to taste
- Peel and finely chop the onion then place into a bowl.
- Deseed the red pepper then chop finely. Mix in with the onion.
- Dice the unpeeled. cooked potato into bite-sized cubes then add in to the bowl.
- Add the mayonnaise plus salt and pepper. Mix well so everything gets coated. Mix in some herbs for additional flavour if desired.
- Serve as a part of your next salad meal.
The picture shows this Pepper Potato Salad served with some hard boiled egg plus cream crackers spread with peanut butter. And yes, that was my lunch on the day in question.
Serve a large portion for the main part of a lunch or go smaller an accompaniment to a salad or other dish.