Cream Crackers were one of the staples of my youth because there would always be a packet or two in the food cupboard that us kids could snack on on when we got home from school. These Pepper and Chilli Crackers combine that with the cheese spreads that I have have found in The Netherlands. Add some black peppercorns or some crushed red chilli to a cheese spread for a delicious meal. Two crackers per person may be sufficient for a light lunch but this is easy to vary to suit the appetite of the individual.
- 4 Cream Crackers
- 1 tub smooth cheese spread
- 1 teaspoon crushed chilli
- Coarsely Ground Black Pepper
- Thickly coat the cream crackers with the cheese spread. Avoid worrying about the appearance at this point as will become clear.
- Grate black pepper onto the cheese spread on two of the crackers. Use a knife to mix it in well.
- Spoon some crushed chilli onto the other two crackers then mix into the cheese spread.
- Serve and Enjoy
Those are my preferences but you could always use herbs or mustard to flavour the cheese spread. You can serve on bread too which I do like or you can use different kinds of crackers.