Pecan sour cream waffles are a very tasty enhancement to regular waffles or even pancakes. These delicious waffles are nice and crispy on the outside while remaining nice and creamy on the inside. Try these for a huge taste sensation!
Yield 6 – 8 waffles
- 2 cups all-purpose flour/plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar/caster sugar
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt and sugar together. Add the sour cream and chopped pecans.
- Separate eggs. Beat yolks with the oil and add to the mixture. Mix thoroughly. Beat the egg whites stiff and fold into the mixture.
- Heat the waffle iron. When the light cycles off, it is ready to use. Lightly spray the iron with a vegetable spray.
- Put a small amount of batter into the middle of the waffle iron. Cook about 1 -2 minutes. (Follow manufacturer’s directions) Remove waffle from the iron when nicely browned.
- Serve with honey, maple syrup or jelly/jam