Salad is always a good option for lunch and this Pate Salad is no exception to that. A slice of wholemeal bread topped with pate with mixed salad, tomato and mushrooms alongside. Topped with mayonnaise, salt and pepper to fish off a delicious lunch.
Easy to vary too because all that is needed is to change the salad base. This one has iceberg, red cabbage and carrots for that. Happened to be what came in the bag of salad from the supermarket. Sometimes they send me one that includes white cabbage as well as the red. Still a tasty option though.
- 1 slice Wholemeal Bread
- 25g/1oz Pate
- Handful Mixed Salad
- 4-5 Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 large white Mushroom
- Spread the pate on the bread and put onto a serving plate.
- Chop or tear the salad into small chunks. I used a combination of iceberg, red cabbage and carrot for this. Add to the plate around the bread.
- Halve the cherry tomatoes and arrange on top of the salad.
- Slice the mushroom and add between the tomato on the plate.
- Pour on mayonnaise to taste.
- Sprinkle over some salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve and enjoy lunch.
- Bread – 3p
- Pate – 10p
- Salad -5p
- Tomatoes – 6p
- Mushroom – 4p
- Mayonnaise -1p
- Salt and Pepper – negligible
Total cost for lunch – 29p
Mayonnaise is good for topping this but another good option would be to make a tossed salad with vinaigrette. I reckon a good one to use would be to start with a red wine vinegar base plus olive oil of course. Then flavour the vinaigrette with some mustard. Perhaps even add a little honey too. Toss everything together then add to the plate with the pate on bread. I may just try this way when I next make this.