Then an impulse decision led to me buying some and finding it was actually a good filling for both pitta and jacket potato. This Parsley Cottage Cheese and Tomato Pitta was one idea that I came up with for using it. As given, the recipe is for one person so simply multiply up if more than one is eating.
- Spoon sufficient cottage cheese to fill the size of pitta bread that you will be using.
- Stir in around half the parsley, adjusting the amount for both the quantity of cottage used and the desired taste.
- Slice the tomato thinly then place 3 or 4 slices on top of the herby cottage cheese mixture. I then have a snack with the remaining tomato.
- Sprinkle with parsley and ground black pepper then refrigerate for about 30 minutes to allow the flavours to mingle.
- Grill or toast a pitta bread then allow to cool.
- Once cooled sufficiently, split the pitta open. Take care at this point because the inside may still be quite hot.
- Use a dessert spoon to layer the tomato into the pitta then spoon in cottage cheese to fill.
- Grate over a little sea salt plus some black pepper if desired then serve.