Paprika is probably my favourite spice so it features quite often. Try out this very easy recipe that makes up a spicy paprika chicken sauce in a very short space of time.
Just add rice and salad to serve for a delicious meal.
Turkey breast could be used with it as an alternative to chicken similar results.
- 450g/1lb skinless chicken breast cut into bite size pieces
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 red pepper deseeded and chopped
- 125g/4oz mushrooms thinly sliced
- 1 large clove garlic peeled and crushed
- 1 410g/14oz can chopped tomatoes
- 275ml/½ pint chicken stock
- Paprika powder to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- black pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a wok or large pan then add in the pieces of chicken.Stir them around for a moment or so to make sure that they do not stick to the pan.
- Add the onion, red pepper and garlic to the chicken and continue to saute for around 3 more minutes but keep on stirring so that everything is cooked evenly.
- Add in the mushrooms and paprika. Around half a teaspoon shold be right but add more for a slightly spicier flavour. Stir everything around for a moment or so.
- Add the tomatoes then pour in the chicken stock. Stir well as the pan comes up to the boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and continue to simmer for 20-30 minutes. Check occasionally to ensure the liquid level is OK because it can burn. Add a little more stock or water if needed.
- At the end of the cooking time, the mixture should be moist but most of the liquid should have gone. Serve on a bed of your favourite rice and accompany with a fresh salad or coleslaw. A simple tomato sauce can also be served to accompany this dish if you feel that it is too dry. That is something that is very easy to make as the chicken mixture and rice are cooking.