No-Bake Protein Bars are RAW and are a wonderful way to “grab a bite to eat” and feel good about it. The protein levels are quite high and the resulting bar is very satisfying. Also works great as a snack or to help curb a ravenous stomach.
Yield: 48 bars
- Heavy duty mixer with mixing paddle
- 2 9″ x 13″ pans
- 2 cups rolled oats (not instant)
- 16 oz. all natural almond butter or peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)
- 12-15 scoops protein powder (chocolate or vanilla) Purchased at a natural foods store
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup dried cranberries or dried cherries (optional)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped nuts (walnuts, almonds, etc.)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1½ cups water
- 2 cups chocolate or carob chips
- 1 bag carob chips or chocolate chips for melting and coating the bars (optional)
- In the mixing bowl, add the oatmeal, almond/peanut butter, protein powder, raisins, craisins, chocolate chips and chopped nuts.
- Mix very well until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add the vanilla and the water and mix again until it starts to form a firm dough.
- Divide the dough in half.
- Heavily dust each 9″ x 13″ pan with protein powder to prevent sticking.
- Put one half of the dough in each of the pans.
- Press evenly and firmly until well molded and “smooth”.
- Sprinkle the top of the flattened dough with 1 scoop of protein powder for each pan.
- Slightly pat the protein powder down into the dough then cut into bar shapes.
- Separate each bar and remove from the pans.
- You can coat each bar with the melted chocolate/carob chips immediately, or you can let them air dry on a rack for approximately 12 hours to develop a firmer outside crust and a chewier inside texture.
- Wrap each bar in plastic or waxed paper or cut into bite-size pieces.
- Not necessary, but can be refrigerated.