Mushrooms are a delicious addition to any meal. As a sauce, the possibilities are enhanced and even better!
- 4 Tablespoons flour
- 4 Tablespoons oil or butter
- 2 Tablespoons onion, chopped
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms (fresh or canned)
- 2 cups stock or water
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- In a dry frying pan, brown the flour. Be sure to stir frequently and check to make sure it does not burn. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same frying pan, saute the onions and mushrooms in the oil. Brown slightly. Add the flour and the seasonings and stir to coat.
- Add the stock gradually stirring constantly. Cook until thickened.
- Simmer 2 minutes.