Muesli… one of the best simple breakfast foods available using the freshest ingredients possible. What better way to feel alive and energetic after eating a healthy portion of muesli for breakfast. One of the best parts is this one is RAW.
Serves 1 – 2
- 7 medium apples
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup raw almonds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Cut the apples into wedges and remove the core.
- Juice the apple wedges and reserve 2 1⁄4 cups of the juice and 1⁄2 cup of the pulp.
- In a medium bowl, combine the apple juice and pulp with the oats, raisins, almonds and cinnamon.
- Mix well.
- Cover the bowl and place in the refrigerator.
- Allow the muesli to soak overnight.
- To serve, pour some of the muesli into a bowl and add fresh berries and/or banana slices or fruit of your choice.