This Minty Tuna, Kidney and Beet Salad is an easy to prepare lunch. The addition of mint adds to the flavour of the the other ingredients.
It is best made a few hours in advance of serving so that all the flavours can be allowed to mingle together. Particularly important with the mint but it also allows the tuna flavour to mix in with the other ingredients.
Delicious mint with this simple salad of tuna, kidney beans and beetroot. It takes only a few minutes to prepare yet is filling and delicious. Add bread for a little more substance.
- 185g/6oz can Tuna
- 400g/14oz can Red Kidney Beans
- 1 small Brown Onion
- 1 jar pickled Beetroot
- Olive Oil
- ½ Tsp dried Mint
- Drain the can of Tuna then scrape from the can into a large bowl. Mash well.
- Peel then chop the onion then add to the bowl.
- Empty the can of kidney beans into a sieve and rinse well. Add the beans into the bowl.
- Drain the jar of pickled beetroot then chop into bite sized pieces. Add in to the mixture.
- Shake in about ½ Tsp of dried mint.
- Add about 1 Tbsp of your preferred vinegar plus 2-3 Tbsp of oil.
- A little salt and pepper to taste then mix everything well.
- It can be eaten immediately but best to cover and chill for around 2 hours.
- Can be served alone or add some crusty bread for a little more.