Simple and easy to prepare, this Minty Cottage Cheese and Cucumber has great versatility. Prepared in a few momenets and can be served immediately. It can be used as a filling for a baked potato, a pitta bread or a regular sandwich. It can also be used as part of a regular salad.
- 450g/1Lb Cottage Cheese
- 1 large Cucumber
- 1-2 teaspoons Mint
- Coarsely Ground Black Pepper
- Slice off 8 pieces from the cucumber. Halve it first then slice from the middle because I find this part tastes the best. Set aside.
- Coarsely grate the remaining cucumber into large bowl.
- Add the cottage cheese, mint and black pepper to the bowl. Stir well so everything gets well mixed.
- Layer the slices of cucumber across the top of the mixture and scatter a little more mint onto it.
You can use Minty Cottage Cheese and Cucumber in various ways. A filling for a baked potato, a sandwich or a pitta bread work well. It can also be used to accompany other salads or as a party dip