It is one of those things that many people have a dislike for. Yet Liver and Egg is a very tasty alternative to the more traditional bacon.
Since, at least in the UK, Liver comes in at quite a low price point then it can be quite versatile. This works as a quick lunch although it can easily be extended to create a dinner.
Try it out because it is very tasty.
- 125g/4oz Pork Liver
- 1 large Egg
- 1 Tbsp Soya or Vegetable Oil
- (Optional) Brown Sauce
- Heat your choice of oil in a 30cm/12in fry pan to a medium-high heat.
- Rinse the liver then cut into around 5cm/2in in length. Dry using kitchen paper.
- Add to the heated oil and cook for 2-3 minutes turning occasionally so the surfaces seal.
- Reduce the heat and continue to fry, turning occasionally, for a further 5 minutes.
- Set the liver to one side of the pan then break the egg into the other. Continue to cook for a few more minutes until the egg is set to your liking.
- Spoon the egg and the liver onto a serving plate. Sprinkle on a little salt and pepper to taste. Brown Sauce tends to be used when fried eggs are involved so add some of that if you wish.
- Serve and enjoy
This is more of a lunch dish but it can easily be expanded. Try adding onion, mushroom or both to the liver for added flavour. Soy or Worcester Sauce or even Tabasco would give a different touch to the final result.