Hollandaise Sauce is a delicious addition to any meal that serves hot vegetables.
A beautiful buttery sauce, with a hint of lemon that literally melts not only on the vegetables, but also in your mouth.
Yield: 1 cup
- ½ cup butter
- 2 egg yolks
- ½ teaspoon salt
- small pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Beat the egg yolks in a bowl using a stick blender on high speed, until thick and lemon-colored.
- Add the salt, cayenne pepper and 3 Tablespoons of the melted butter, adding slowly.
- Add the remaining butter alternately with the lemon juice, until all of it has been added.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- This sauce melts readily when served on hot vegetables.