There is nothing like a good healthy bread to entice you into enjoying your sandwiches even more. Try this easy health bread and be amazed at the great taste!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour/plain flour
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar/caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup flax seed, ground
- 1/2 cup molasses
- Mix together the flours, flax seed, salt and sugar. Dissolve the baking soda in the milk and add the molasses.
- Add the liquids to the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Pour into 2 greased loaf pans and bake for 1 1/2 hours in a 325°F/170°C/Gas Mark 3 oven.
- Add chopped dates and/or raisins if you choose.
Makes 2 loafs