A dynamic duo of deliciously thick and extremely nutritious RAW milkshakes that you can enjoy morning, noon and/or night.
Really do yourself a favor and try them.
Although similar, each has its own unique taste which is incredible and very satisfying too!
The best part is no waste. Everything except the seeds are being used.
Serves 2 – 4
- handful of greens (collard greens, dandelion, kale, etc.)
- 3 cut up apples, skins on, seeds gone
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 lemon (peel and pith removed) seeds are ok
- 2 cups water or juice
- Place everything into a high-speed blender like the Vita-Mix.
- Press liquify (or the highest point on your blender model)
- Blend until the whole thing is the consistency of a very thick green milkshake.
- Pour into glasses and enjoy.
Depending upon how much you want to drink, you can easily get up to 4 tall glasses from this recipe.
The EARTH DAY SPECIAL II
- A large handful of kale (washed)
- 2 apples cut up – seeds removed
- 2 pears cut up
- 2 bananas
- 1 lemon – peeled (pith is fine to include as well as the seeds)
- 1 lime – peeled (pith is fine to include. There are no seeds in limes)
- Enough water or juice to cover
- Slight pinch of Himalayan pink salt
- Place all the ingredients into your Vita-Mix or high speed blender.
- Carefully put the cover on and blend at your highest speed
- Blend until the motor sound is even and the whole batch looks to be smooth and evenly blended. Pulse if necessary to accomplish this.
- Continue to blend for another 10 to 15 seconds if need be, then stop the motor.
- Since you have incorporated air into the Earth Day Special, chances are the ingredients are up to the top of the blender.
- Carefully nudge the lid, then remove the lid. I typically do this over the sink.
- Have a glass ready to pour into then enjoy the mouthwatering flavors your tastebuds will truly enjoy!
With both Earth Day recipes, refrigerate any leftover (if you have any). Be sure to cover the smoothies so later in the day you can once again partake of the delicious elixir. As long as they are refrigerated, these smoothies will last a good 24 hours or better.