A simple, delicious bread to make that won’t take you all day in the kitchen. Enjoy the flavor and speed of getting this bread to the table.
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour/plain flour
- 1½ cups graham flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable shortening or butter
- 1 egg
- ¾ cups water
- ¾ cups milk
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar/caster sugar or molasses
- Mix flour, graham flour, baking powder and salt together.
- Cut in the shortening with a pastry blender or 2 knives.
- Beat egg and add with sugar or molasses to liquid.
- Stir into dry mixture and beat well; add more milk if necessary to make a drop batter.
- Put into a greased loaf pan and shake gently to even the batter.
- Bake about 35 minutes or until done in a 350°F/180°C/Gas Mark 4 oven.