No matter though because it came out looking and tasting great. Just breaking the eggs into the pan and frying them that way turned out really well.
Cetainly one worth a try.
- 2 large free range Eggs
- 1 large Tomato
- 2 rashers of your favourite Bacon
- 2 large White Mushrooms or a handful of he button version.
- 1 small Brown Onion
- Brown Sauce
- Place a fry pan onto the stove and begin to heat. No need to add oil or other fat.
- Cut the bacon rashers into pieces around 2½cm/1inch long
- Cut the tomato into quarters/li>
- Quarter the mushrooms. Or keep whole if using the button version
- Peel the onion then quarter.
- Put the bacon and the onion into the hot pan and fry for a few moments until some fat starts to run from the bacon.
- Add the tomato and mushroom to the pan and stir well. Keep everything moving for a few minutes so that all gets thoroughly cooked on both sides.
- Even out the mixture in the pan then break an egg into opposite sides. The yolk will stay at the outside while the white will spread in the pan.
- Continue to cook until the egg white has set and the yolks are just cooked.
- Turn onto a serving plate. Add brown sauce, salt and pepper then eat and enjoy.
Now a couple of slices of toasted bread that I could have dipped into the runny egg yolks would have really made this perfect. Maybe next time!