This is definitely an unusual combination yet what else can be expected from somewhere that has a name like ours? We do like to try different twists on food to find out which work the best. It may seem like a strange combination but this Fishy Sweet and Sour Bacon came out very well. The rice also made for a great and very filling base. Using egg also added an interesting twist to the flavour. Definitely something to try.
Perhaps a slightly unusual combination of tastes that uses the Minted Fish, Rice and Peas recipe as a base for the other ingredients. Add Bacon plus Sweet and Sour Sauce for something a little different.
The final result is an excellent meal and one that is well worth trying. Including eggs is a rather unusual twist yet it certainly does add to the flavour.
Be sure to try out this Fishy Sweet and Sour Bacon with Rice. I think that you will find that the meal will be great.
- Minted Fish, Rice and Peas
- 1 jar Sweet and Sour Sauce
- 1 medium Brown Onion
- 3 large Eggs
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- Prepare the Minted Fish, Rice and Peas according to the recipe then set on one side. This can be done in advance and put in the fridge. The cooking time assumes that this is what has been done.
- Put the oil in a large pan or wok to heat over a medium-high setting.
- Dice the bacon into bite sized chunks. Around 1cm/½in is about right.
- Peel and chop the onion. The exact size is up to you. I prefer larger pieces which retain some crunch but slice smaller if that is your preference.
- Add the bacon and the onion to the pan with the oil. Mix in well and continue to stir as they start to cook. Cook for 4-5 minutes until the bacon is beginning to brown and the onion is softening.
- Add in the Fish, Rice and Peas. Stir to mix together with the bacon and onion and to heat through.
- Break the eggs into the rice mixture. Stir well to that the yolks fracture and the egg all mixes in well with the the other ingredients. Cook for 1-2 minutes for it to set.
- Pour in the Sweet and Sour Sauce. Stir well and heat for a few minutes until piping hot.
- Divide between 4 serving plates then sit down to enjoy the meal
This can be easily served alone although some salad or coleslaw could be added on the side.
Alternatively, cook peppers, mushrooms or both into the mixture to add a little extra to the final result.