One of the nearby takeaway places sold pie and mushy peas at quite low prices. So I thought I would mimic that by doing Fish Cakes and Mushy Peas as a variation.
Now I was unable to match the foil trays that the takeaway used for this. I just used a bowl to cook it all in.
The finishing touch is a teaspoon or two of mint sauce to add extra flavour to the mushy peas then a little salt to taste.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- 2 frozen Fish Cakes
- ⅓ 300g can Mushy Peas
- Mint Sauce
- Spoon out abot &drac13; of the can of mushy peas into a bowl that can go into the microwave.
- Put two fish cakes on top of the peas
- Cover the bowl then put into the microwave.
- Heat on full power for about 4 minutes. The time will vary a little as it depends on the power of the microwave that you have.
- Once the microwave has finished then uncover the bowl and remove it. It will be hot so use a cloth or serving glove to protect fingers.
- Spoon some mint sauce onto the peas then sprinkle on a little salt to taste
- A tasty lunch is ready to serve.
Add in some potato and this would make a reasonable dinner. Chips, boiled, mashed or baked would be some to consider. Others are there to consider too.