Cheese is always a great salad ingredient and no exception to that here. Make up a simple and quick Feta Cheese Salad for some healthy eating. This version combines Feta Cheese, Cucumber, Tomato and Onion with Vinaigrette. It makes a great salad to serve as either a side dish or a main course.
Serves 4 as an Accompaniment or 2 as a main dish
- 250g/8oz Feta Cheese
- 4 medium Tomatoes
- 1 Medium Onion
- 1⁄2 large Cucumber
- Drain and rinse the Feta Cheese. Dice into cubes then place in a bowl.
- Thickly slice the cucumber then quarter each piece and add to the bowl.
- Chop the tomatoes so that you have some thick pieces. Alternatively, use the same amount of halved cherry tomatoes. Add to the bowl.
- Peel and chop the onion then add it in with the the other ingredients.
- Make up some Vinaigrette with your choice of flavours. Stir in to the mixture. Make sure everything gets well coated.
- Serve as a side with something like pizza or just alone as a meal. Some crusty bread or pitta goes well if served alone.
This works well with many things yet can also be a meal on its own. It could be served on a bed of lettuce to add a little more to it.