Dice and mix the cheese with chilled cooked beans to create a very filling dish. Add in tomato and onion to make it even more delicious.
Finish with vinaigrette to give something that is great as a side dish or perfect for a vegetarian main course.
Serves 2 as a main, 4 as an accompaniment
- 1 400g can mixed beans in water
- 100g Feta or Greek-style cheese, chopped
- 1 small red or brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 large tomato chopped
- Fresh Basil, finely chopped
- 75ml Vinaigrette flavoured to your liking
- Drain the beans in a fine sieve or colander then rinse well.
- Put them in a bowl. Use a serving bowl if you plan to use as an accompaniment or just a plain kitchen bowl if making a vegetarian main course.
- Add the cheese, tomato, onion and most of the basil then mix well together.
- Pour in the Vinaigrette and stir again so that everything gets very well coated.
- If serving as a vegetarian main course then divide between two bowls and sprinkle with the remainder of the basil. Serve with a green salad or a Coleslaw. As a side dish then simply sprinkle over the basil. In either case your Feta Cheese and Bean Salad is ready to serve. Alternatively, it can be chilled a little beforehand.
Many variations on this salad are possible because much depends on the exact mix of beans that are used. Experimentation is the key to find your perfect solution.