English Lemon Cheese (Lemon Curd) is a thick and delicious lemony spread, frequently used on bread, that has the lovely tang of lemons with each and every bite.
Just try to keep little fingers out of the bowl while you make it… big fingers too. (Smile)
I can guarantee this delight won’t stay in your refrigerator for very long. Makes your mouth water just thinking about it!
Yield: 2 Cups
- 6 well-beaten eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar/caster sugar
- ½ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup butter
- Combine all the ingredients in a saucepan and cook over hot water. (double boiler)
- Stir frequently until thick.
- Cool and pour into jars with covers.
- Makes a wonderful gift and can be used in so many ways…
- Serve in tart shells, can be used as a filling for layer cakes, as a spread on toast, biscuits or even bread. The possibilities are endless!