Take the Basic Toastie recipe and begin adding to it to create this Egg and Tomato Toastie. A fairly basic lunch that is quick to make yet still filling. Best made, like all toasties, with the bread fresh from the toaster and hence still warm. That means having the egg and tomato ready before the toaster finishes.
This is a basic toastie but something that is quick to make when you are in a hurry for lunch. Use the basic toastie recipe as the starting point then add on the egg and tomato.
- Basic Toastie
- 1 hard boiled Egg
- 1 Tomato
- Make up the Basic Toastie according to that recipe.
- Peel and slice the egg. Spread the slices evenly over one of the toast slices.
- Slice the tomato then spread over the other slice.
- Sprinkle on a little salt and pepper to taste. The basic recipe already added some so it should only need a small amount.
- Either eat as an open sandwich with knife and fork or close up to make it a more traditional sandwich.