Vary a little by adding some sauce on the top. Choose according to your taste and what your supermarket happens to stock. Something like a Sweet and Sour sounds quite tasty for me. You may have other preferences.
Prepartion time: 10 minutes
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 Tbsp Peas
- 1 Pitta Bread
- 1 tsp Butter. Olive Spread or Oil
- Put the butter, olive spread or oil into a small pan, Put over a medium heat to either melt or heat.
- Heat the pitta in the toaster. Chances are that it will be slightly too large to fit so carefully turn a couple of times so that it heats evenly.
- Once the pan has heated then add in the peas and mix well to coat. Cook for about 1 minute so they are warming through.
- Crack the 2 eggs into the pan. Break the yolks and stir everything to an even scramble.
- Add a little salt and pepper then stir to mix in.
- Slice the pitta open to give a pocket ready for the egg and pea mixture,
- Continue cooking the egg and pea mixture until it is set to your taste. I prefer it a little on the runny side but others prefer a firmer cook. Your choice.
- Spoon the mixture from the pan into the pitta pocket.
- Serve immediately while still hot.
This Egg and Pea Pitta might be quite basic. Still tasty as a quick lunch or a snack that only takes a few minutes to prepare.