Dumplings are a wonderful addition to stews and/or soups. The flavor of the dumplings makes the wonderful soups an even greater treat to eat.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour/plain flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 Tablespoons vegetable shortening/butter
- 3⁄4 cup whole milk
- Mix the flour, salt and the baking powder together. Rub in the shortening with a knife or your fingertips.
- Add milk to make a soft dough.
- Drop the dough 1 Tablespoon at a time into a stew or soup only the last 15 minutes of cooking.
- Please keep the saucepot covered when adding the dumplings… otherwise they will spread and not cook up properly.