I do eat the strangest of things sometimes and this Curry Egg Pitta is no exception. It comes down to the fact that I get hungry then want food quickly.
So that does mean I eat a lot of boiled eggs. I make them up in batches then store for the following days.
Then Pitta is good because it fits really well into the freezer yet is easy to heat when taken out.
Add some curry sauce from a jar and I have a light meal which takes very little to prepare.
This was meant to be finger food but the curry sauce ran so it ended up as knife and fork dish. Still very tasty though.
It comes out a little messy and is probably best eaten with a knife and fork. Yet this Curry Egg Pitta is a good choice for a light meal.
For something a little more substantial then check out some of our rice salads or coleslaws to serve with it.
- 1 Pitta Bread
- 2 hard boiled Eggs
- 2-3 Tbsp Curry Sauce (from a jar)
- Heat the pitta using either the toaster or the grill/broiler. Set aside to cool.
- Shell then slice the eggs.
- Split the pitta then fill with the egg and set onto a microwaveable plate.
- Spoon in curry sauce to your taste. Any flavour will work so choose what best matches your flavour preference.
- Put the Curry Egg Pitta into the microwave and heat on high for about 1 minute.
- Carefully remove then eat while hot
My original intent with this was for it to be finger food but it turned out different. It may work that way if you are cooking several and can prop them all upright though.
I ended up eating it from the plate with a knife and fork which took nothing from the taste. Still good food so no complaints that the original intent was missed.