An unusual combination perhaps but this Curried Pitta Scramble turned out very well. Stuff a pitta bread with some fried mushrooms and scrambled eggs. Finish off by pouring in a little curry sauce.
Careful eating it though because the curry sauce will run all over. Be sure to eat this at the table with a plate to catch things.
How to Make
This one is a fairly easy cook which does make it good for a quick lunch.
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 large Mushroom
- 1 large Pitta
- 2-3 Tbsp Curry Sauce
- ½ Tbsp Oil
- Heat the oil in a fry pan about 30cm/12 inches diameter over a medium to high heat.
- Once the oil is hot then add in the mushrooms and stir well so the begin to cook.
- Put the curry sauce into a microwaveable bowl. Cover and set to heat for about 45 seconds.
- Put the pitta bread into the toaster and allow it to cook for about 1 minute. Care is needed so that it is soft rather than crisp.
- Crack the eggs into the oil with the mushrooms. Use a spatula to break the egg yolk then mix all together to get a scramble. Add salt and pepper to taste. Continue to fry for 1-2 minutes until the eggs are cooked through.
- Use a sharp knife to slice the pitta open. Spoon the egg and mushroom mixture into it. You may well find that there is more than will fit. Simply spoon any excess onto the side of the plate.
- Pour the curry sauce into the middle of the pitta. Any excess can go to the side of the plate.
- Eat immediately as eggs go cold very quickly
The Final Curried Pitta Scramble
This is what got served on my plate for lunch. Very tasty it was too.
This recipe was originally posted at Cookin Chat