Cream Filling is a very versatile addition to cakes or even to be sandwiched between cookies. Be sure to make enough of this creamy, tasty filling because it will be hard for you (or the little ones) to keep their hands out of the bowl!
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour/plain flour
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar/caster sugar
- dash salt
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Mix the flour, sugar and salt together. Scald the milk and slowly add to the dry mixture, stirring continuously. Cook over hot water… stirring until thick, about 15 minutes.
- Add the butter. Pour the mixture over the beaten egg yolks, stirring rapidly and continuously to prevent curdling of the egg yolks.
- Cool… then add the vanilla.