Baguettes do vary in size and this Cottage Cheese Salad Baguette does rely on the larger ones. If using the thinner ones then increase the number of baguettes used to 8 and use whole.
Whichever kind are used will result in a tasty and healthy lunch with plenty towards the five portions a day of vegetables that we should be doing.
- 2 large Baguettes
- 1 tub Cottage Cheese
- 4 medium Tomatoes
- ½ large Cucumber
- 4 large Mushrooms
- Butter or Olive Spread
- Coarsely Ground Black Pepper
- Cut the baguettes into pieces around 10cm/4in long. Slice down the middle then spread the middle with butter or olive spread.
- Slice the tomato fairly thinly then place a layer of 3 of 4 slices on one side of the baguettes. How much is needed will depend on the exact size of the baguette pieces.
- Slice the cucumber to give around 12-16 slices. Layer them over the tomato.
- Thinly slice the mushrooms and add them in.
- Spoon in the cottage cheese then add some grated black peppercorns over the sandwich.
- Serve and Enjoy
You could also sprinkle some fresh herbs over to add more flavour. Mint is a good addition to the cottage cheese while basil very surely complements tomato. Others could be used according to taste.