While having the desire to whip up some coleslaw, I just didn’t wish to have the every day same old, same old coleslaw. So, I rummaged in my refrigerator to see just what I could create instead. Lo and behold, I found a beautiful, wonderfully ripe and sweet red bell pepper and a handful of fresh, crunchy spring onions. Making the Confetti Coleslaw was not only fun but also enjoyable to eat. Be sure to try this delicious alternative to regular coleslaw.
- 1 small head green cabbage
- 1 sweet red bell pepper
- 6 spring onions
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 3 Tablespoons vinegar
- Finely shred the cabbage and place it into a large bowl.
- Finely dice the red bell pepper and place that into the bowl with the shredded cabbage.
- Clean the spring onions by removing the roots. Slice into smallish pieces but be sure to use all of the green stems too. Not only does it add color, but a delicious taste as well.
- Toss together until mixed.
- In a medium bowl, take the mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar and mix well.
- Pour over the Confetti Coleslaw and mix until the dressing is incorporated into the cabbage mixture.
- Can be eaten immediately or covered and refrigerated to allow the flavors to meld further.