Chocolate Fudge is a decadent confection that will satisfy any sweet tooth. The creamy chocolate will also satisfy the chocoholic in each of us as well as being very easy to make.
- 2 cups granulated sugar/caster sugar
- 2⁄3 cups whole milk
- 2 Tablespoons corn syrup
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, broken into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Put sugar, milk, corn syrup, instant coffee granules, and chocolate in a saucepan. Stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Cook slowly until the temperature reaches 236°F/113°C or until the mixture forms a soft ball when a little is dropped into cold water.
- Remove from heat and add butter.
- When cooled to lukewarm, add vanilla. Beat until thick. Pour into a shallow, greased pan. Chill.
- Cut into squares when firm.